Senior Accountant Job Description:
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. The senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Main Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To:
- Coordinate accounting functions and programs.
- Prepare financial analyses and reports.
- Prepare revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assist with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assist with annual audit preparations.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Prepare tax returns.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Experience working with Accounting software (QuickBooks) required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and work with a team.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.