Communications and Marketing Officer Job Description
We are looking for a passionate Communications and Marketing Officer to plan and oversee the company’s marketing activities. The Communications and Marketing Officer must have a solid understanding of marketing and communications, especially digital channels, be keen to deepen knowledge and develop further within the role. Through marketing campaigns, the Communications and Marketing Officer will raise the profile and understanding of the work that Belize Virtual Center Ltd. does in a positive and balanced way.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in marketing.
- Proof of written and social media content - Samples are to be provided along with application package.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good command of the English language. Spanish speaking a plus.
Main Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Delivering marketing strategies using multiple digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Using of email-marketing applications (e.g. MailChimp).
- Writing, editing and developing marketing materials.
- Website and social media management to increase traffic.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent written skills with ability to write content for various mediums i.e. social media, blogs.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines when necessary.
- Ability to produce well written publicity material
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative.
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimization and SEO tactics.
- A self-starter capable of creating new ideas and implementing them.
- Personally, and professionally responsible
- Committed to team building
- Committed to and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Flexibility in undertaking a range of duties in a small team.